Position Details: Information Security Team Lead - Farmington Hills, MI
|Farmington Hills, MI
In this position, the candidate will play a key role in leading our responsive and capable Information Security team. We are looking for an established Information Security professional to help lead a critical segment of our Information Security team.
The Information Security Team Lead will report directly to, and support, the Chief Information Security Officer to provide the highest quality information assurance program to our business teams and customers. Working in a fast-paced environment, the Information Security Team Lead will lead a team to develop and implement security processes and solutions, including ongoing assessment and compliance to required security guidelines across the enterprise computing environment. The Information Security Team Lead will also be responsible for mentoring and growing a team of Information Security professionals with diverse skills and responsibilities across a number of platforms.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in Information Security and a proven ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines, while possessing exemplary communication and leadership abilities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience across all domains in the Information Security Common Body of Knowledge.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Overall responsibility for the engineering of network and computing systems that enforce security policies and controls, in addition to overall responsibility for identity and access management
- Lead the design, construction, and implementation phases of complex systems and projects
- Support the priorities planned and organized by the Security Architect in accordance with the roadmap for security architecture
- Approve security recommendations and design security services, particularly with regard to cloud initiatives and internally developed applications
- Support the team in responding to risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and internal or external audits, as well as intrusion attempts and other forms of cyber crime
- Co-develops standard security documentation to ensure the effective use of system and application information, to detect anomalous behavior and ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements supporting leading security frameworks
- Mentor and lead Information Security professionals, facilitating communication between teams and collaboration across teams, while driving projects and initiatives to completion and supporting the organization’s guiding pillars and leadership goals
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Information Security and Engineering roles of increasing responsibility, resulting in strong familiarity with application and network security
- Extensive experience with standard security tools and platforms, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint security and encryption, vulnerability scanners, email filtering solutions, web application firewalls, and data loss prevention, among others
- Experience with identity and access management and governance (IAM/IGA) platforms and processes
- Proven leadership, project management, and organizational skills, as well as experience with customer management and client service
- Excellent written communication skills, along with outstanding analytic, problem solving and decision making skills
- Four year degree in a relevant field or an equivalent amount of post-secondary education and experience
- Experience in the mortgage or financial services industry
- Experience implementing an established IAM/IGA solution
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PCNSE or other pertinent industry-recognized certifications
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management Consulting
- Business Process Analysis and Re-engineering
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- Cyber Security Consulting
- IT Staffing
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.