We are hiring a Business Analyst - Project Lead
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ months
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge. May make recommendations for buy versus build decision. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: THE CFS PROJECT IS PART OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (DSS) AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING, IMPLEMENTING, MAINTAINING, AND OBTAINING FEDERAL CERTIFICATION OF A FEDERALLY-MANDATED CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM (CSES) THAT WILL PROVIDE COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT TO THE OPERATION OF SOUTH CAROLINA’S CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT (CSE) PROGRAM AS WELL AS FOR COMPLETING THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FAMILY COURT CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (FCCMS) FOR THE 46 CLERKS OF COURT.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The business analyst position for the South Carolina child support system project will be responsible for the following activities:
• Lead the training and coordination of FCCMS Application
• Manage the statewide FCCMS application training rollout
• Communicate training needs and expectations with Counties
• Review and verify the accuracy and applicability of COTS vendor training materials
• Coordinate with State Subject Matter Experts to confirm training meets end user needs.
• Review all relevant vendor documentation including but not limited to training materials, Computer Based
Training and design documentation.
• Assist in application test script development and execution
• Review vendor user stories (use cases) and validate requirements coverage.
• Analyze vendor business designs and validate functionality meets approved state requirements.
• Triage incidents discovered during all phases of testing and training. These include defects, design issues
and functional scope changes. This includes coordinating with vendor development staff to communicate
issues and provide potential solutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH THE ENTIRE LIFECYCLE OF LARGE SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATIONS
• 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A BUSINESS ANALYST OR TRAINER ON SOFTWARE PROJECTS.
• EXEMPLARY INTERPERSONAL AND PERSONNEL-PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
• ABILITY TO USE MS OFFICE, SHAREPOINT, EFFECTIVELY
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE COORDINATING AND/ OR CONDUCTING DISTRIBUTED TRAINING
• STRONG ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-
TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS AND EXECUTIVES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• PREVIOUS FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE JUDICIAL SYSTEMS (3+ YEARS)
• EXPERIENCE WITH MICROSOFT TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER (TFS)
• PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.