Position Details: Network Engineer
We are hiring an Network Engineer with Cisco Routing Experience.
This position will be assisting ODOT to provide a network assessment with specific responsibilities that include:
- Install, configure, and manage server hosted network attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) disk storage technologies tied to network infrastructure.
- Install complex computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Design, install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot network equipment such as, but not limited to, Hubs, Network Interface Cards (NIC), Local Area Network (LAN) cards, hard drives, Ethernet switches, routers, wireless bridges, monitoring devices, access points, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and content devices.
- Test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software in preparation of new installation or upgrade.
- Work with vendors to resolve problems.
- Execute changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Supervise other team members and provide training in advanced networking skills
- Function as enterprise infrastructure expert in maintaining large, disparate systems and networks.
- Confer with Network Architects or systems managers to ensure compliance of DTI standards.
- Write and produce technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of network applications, switches and servers.
- Experience in network cabling systems and fiber optic cabling.
- Strong communication/leadership skills.
- Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
- Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
- Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
- Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and along vehicular traffic.
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study or Network Certification or 5 years of relevant experience.
Cisco Routing & Switching, Ubiquity Wireless, Sierra Wireless, FortiSIEM
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
- Cyber Security Consulting
- Project Management Consulting
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.