We are hiring a Secruity Architect!
Exciting and fun opportunity with one of our great client! Those with SIEM, IAM or related techincal experience should strongly apply!
Full Details below!
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 months
This is a HANDS-ON Role
The position will report to the Office of Information Assurance and operate as an experienced consultant and may have opportunities to work with SCDHHS leadership, business units, business partners and vendors.
1. Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SCDHHS network security and compliance solutions
2. Provide HANDS-ON support of SCDHHS Security Systems and Software
3. Mentor and share knowledge with junior teammates to increase the value of the team
4. Create procedure documentation to support new systems as they are built
5. Look for opportunities to automate any repetitive tasks
6. Participate in third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
7. Continually improve existing technologies under our control to be more effective
HANDS-ON experience with any of the following would be considered a desirable for this position:
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
• Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
• Cloud service security
• Big Data solutions
• Network or Host based Intrusion Prevention
• Linux Engineering
• Network Engineering
• Layer 7 firewall tuning
• Infrastructure hardening to regulatory frameworks
Security Program Experience:
Experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is not required, but may be considered desirable in the event that strong parity in technical skills is identified in multiple candidates.
Experience in security as related to multi-tenant, cloud services and vendor interface management would be desirable for this position.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Deep technical knowledge of secure system design principles, security architecture, network and system
compliance tools, data protection schemes and access models
2. 5+ years of HANDS-ON experience in large enterprise systems implementation and support
3. Ability to independently research and troubleshoot technology problems
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience in working with any distributed logging systems.
2. Prior Health Information Technology experience.
3. Strong working knowledge of FISMA, NIST, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered for
candidates with strong HANDS-ON experience.
2. Security+ or equivalent certification is required
1. CCNA or higher level networking certification
2. Microsoft, Linux or other platform certification
3. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.