Position Details: Java Architect - Vernon Hills, IL
|Vernon Hills, IL
|Contract To Hire
We are hiring a Java Architect to
- Lead the technical strategy and Architecture for the Ignite Automotive Connected Services Platform in particular and other activities for IoT, Mobile and Automotive products
- Explore, research and drive new product areas in the Automotive and other sectors
- Direct the application architecture and deployment for highly distributed and scalable systems in both public cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop end-to-end solutions and system architectures that include clear specifications of all design parameters, clear concepts of operations, detailed cost evaluation and other requirements to input into a full business case.
- Provide Technical leadership for product management in analyzing platform and product requirements
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Duration: 6+ months contract-to-hire
Employment type: W2 or Corp to corp
- 10+ years of relevant hands-on experience on Java based applications
- Strong experience in writing scripts in Java Map-Reduce/ Pig/Hbase/ hive.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based hosting environments
- Experience writing applications in Mongo DB is plus.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (ie. Apache, Hbase, google, Hadoop) through server-side applications
- Understanding of a wide variety and scope of technical solution areas. Ability to identify maturing technical trends that might differentiate products.
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers
- Understanding of Iaas, Saas, and PaaS as well as an ability to architect and design aaS infrastructures.
- Software development experience in Java including REST API development and SOA methodology
- Should be able to think out of the box and contribute towards future IPs
- Bachelors or Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Willingness to work in an office in Vernon Hills, IL Willingness to travel (up to 20%) whenever the business need arises Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
- Should be a technical leader who inspires people first through his/her technical know-how
- Should be a self-motivated, result oriented and an excellent team player
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work in an office in Vernon Hills, IL
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) whenever the business need arises
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
- Cyber Security Consulting
- Project Management Consulting
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.