Position Details: Senior DevOps Consultant/SME/Coach - Columbus, OH
We are hiring a Senior DevOps Consultant/SME/Coach who will work with and advise the client's IT DevOps coach on cultural and technical challenges to:
- Deliver proven training programs to explain and instill DevOps values including those as detailed by CALMS, Agile and Lean.
- Seek and tactfully challenge team members who actively or passively stand against the core values of DevOps or DPS’ IT DevOps transformation mission.
- Seek and address organizational and team-level challenges with management.
- Drive automation in pursuit of predictability, supportability, security and time to innovate.
- Drive and assist with discovering, comparing and building DevOps tooling for SDLC and infrastructure provisioning.
- Conduct process re-engineering workshops and projects to identify areas of improvement pertaining to the SDLC by leveraging continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, TDD/unit testing, integration testing, UI testing, DB standards testing and security testing.
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 12 months
Candidate Type: W2 only
Interview: Onsite interviews are required. Interviews will take place on 8/22/18.
- 3 years progressive hands-on designing, implementing and supporting DevOps process and tooling to support continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, continuous testing (unit, integration, coded UI, security, etc), continuous monitoring, continuous feedback, automated infrastructure provisioning and configuration management (network, server, OS, application, service, etc).
- 3 years progressive DevOps transformation coaching.
- 2 years hands-on public cloud infrastructure design, provisioning and monitoring.
- TDD (test drive development) concepts.
- Agile concepts and practices.
- Lean concepts and practices.
- Business process re-engineering.
- DevOps certification(s).
- Agile certification.
- Lean certification.
- BS degree in computer science or similar area.
- Progressive enthusiasm toward DevOps transformation.
- Progressive coaching and mentoring mindset.
- Progressive collaborative work ethic.
- Progressive continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- Excellent English language communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Excellent meeting and work session facilitation skills and experience.
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills and experience.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent project planning skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and adjust situationally.
- Ability to drive toward clarity out of ambiguity.
- Extensive knowledge of DevOps tooling.
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
- Cyber Security Consulting
- Project Management Consulting
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.