Position Details: Oracle DBA - Columbus, OH
We are currently hiring an Oracle DBA.
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 2 months with possibility of extn.
Employment type: W2 or Corp-to-Corp
- Thorough hands-on experience on all components of Oracle Database (DB) 12c on Oracle Engineered Systems (OES) - Exadata platform.
- Hands-on experience and expertise on all facets of Oracle DB performance tuning and optimization.
- Perform Oracle database space management and automate the capacity alerts and monitoring.
- Perform monthly database capacity planning and provide recommendations.
- Perform database backup and restore through State-provided backup systems/media.
- Provide various enterprise application database performance tuning for critical environments based on observed behavior and/or application team direction. This should include providing tuning scripts or instructions.
- Apply and perform all OES-Exadata database administration best practices.
- Provide support for database provisioning, refreshes, export, import, startup, shutdown, patching, updates, and fixes.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing.
- Administer Oracle DataGuard replication at the Primary and Secondary sites.
- Operate State Disaster Recovery Services Replication Methodology
- Expert-level Knowledge of Oracle DB 12c on Oracle Engineered Systems Environment -Exadata platform
- Detailed Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems Environments
- 3 years of hands-on production support of Oracle DB 12c on Oracle Engineered Systems for large Peoplesoft environments
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong written and English-speaking communication skills
- Critical thinking skills with ability to execute on the details
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and active listening
- Ability to work independently as well as to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Minimum 4-year degree; Masters an asset but not required
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
- Cyber Security Consulting
- Project Management Consulting
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.