Greetings from Peer Solutions Group!
Our direct client is looking to hire Java Consultant for Columbia, South Carolina location.
The Java Developer (Consultant) will support the Enterprise Services organization by designing and developing complex solutions in two key areas:
• Development Operations
The Java Developer (Consultant) will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions that focus on industry standards in software engineering.
Solutions will primarily use Java EE frameworks utilizing a mix of open source and Commercial-off-the-Shelf platforms.
This position requires knowledge and experience with these environments as well as experience in detailed requirements analysis, software design and development, testing, and deployment. Creation of the associated artifacts and the communication skills to clearly articulate the goal of the development and the tradeoffs for solution selection are critically important. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions on a complex Medicaid engagement which includes scaling component solutions and operational data stores.
In this role, you will support the Enterprise Services organization for solution design and development utilizing Enterprise Architecture standards, Software Engineering best practices, and SOA component principles.
• Design and develop platform and software solutions using the client’s Technology Product Portfolio (TPP) which includes:
o OpenApi standard
o SOLID software engineering principles.
o Docker container infrastructure
o Kubernetes orchestration.
• Participate in the assessment of current and emerging technology with a focus on technology capabilities and impact;
• Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the integration strategy;
• Collaborate with client’s staff and vendors on the implementation requirements solution integrations.
Experience in designing and developing complex enterprise solutions within a service oriented architecture with specific experience including:
• Knowledge and development experience in a SOA environment.
• Design and development web services, Adapters, XML (XSLT, XPath, XQuery etc.) JAVA or some other object-oriented language, JAVA Script, CSS3; HTML5
• Development of unit and integration tests.
• Experience in Web Services technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST)
• Experience with Java Frameworks such as Apache or Spring
• Knowledge of cloud platforms and environments
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies.
• Demonstrable competence in SOLID programming principles.
• Demonstrable competence in the evaluation and use of design patterns.
• Demonstrable competence in Aggregate data stores, for example MongoDB, Mark Logic etc.……
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with high-performance, open source web technologies
• Experience in developing web application
• Experience with OLTP and ODS.
• Experience with aggregate data stores.
• Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
• Experience with multi-business unit integrations
• Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently.
• Strong analytical and PROBLEM-SOLVING capabilities
• Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
• Proficient in Object Oriented Design
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities.
• Experience with BDD utilizing rapid development tools.
• Experience with defining and creating highly functional designs and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment.
• Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels.
• Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
• Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
• Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Master’s degree in computer science is not a substitute for undergraduate work.