Greetings from Peer Solutions Group!
Our direct client is looking to hire Project Manager for their office in Columbia, South Carolina.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Contract (Only W2)
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within project schedules and other defined deadlines, candidate will provide functional and technical services including:
• Performs fundamental supervisory and leadership functions in accordance with Department policies and procedures, best practices and Federal and State rules and regulations, especially with regard to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) standards. Maintains an effective organizational team and motivates diverse staff to accomplish mission critical operations and objectives. Promotes workforce engagement.
• Directs the Program by defining project objectives and scope by reviewing the Standards and related regulations in order to determine time frames, available funding, procedures and various phases of the project life cycle. Manages and directs the program to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and awards. Direct Management of technical team, contract solution providers, and vendor. Strategic coordination of all project level contributions to the overall program effort utilizing tools and development resources.
• Responsible for designing, managing, and incrementally improving a development operations unit dedicated to the creation of an integration hub and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) based on service-oriented architecture (SOA) principles. Includes the development of enterprise data services for IT projects, including (but not limited to) the Replacement Program.
• Responsible for building the leadership team at the program and project level by implementing concept of product and business ownership for all related projects.
• Effective communication and risk management in conjunction with IV&V at the program level and Steering Committee at the Enterprise level.
• Develops the program budget and manages expenses within the allocated budget.
• Develops and implements a plan for communication throughout the agency. In conjunction with the Office of Communications, provides regular updates and status reports to federal entities, agency management and executive staff.
• Seeks opportunities for professional development for self and key program staff. Opportunities could be related conferences, certification courses related to job trainings or senior management skills.
Opportunities could be related conferences, certification courses related to job trainings or senior management skills.
• Demonstrates sound supervisory skills with efforts to promote equal opportunity
• Ensures that all reporting and documentation for the Program are processed with high quality.
• Able to interpret and document business requirements to meet both state and federal requirements.
• Able to formulate technical resolutions to business issues.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Able to work closely with others in a team environment.
• Able to work independently, self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced management skills.
• Direct experience managing development operations units for large, multi-vendor system integration projects in Medicaid and/or human services bureaucracy organizations.
Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent experience